Map of our travels

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Top 10 Lists

This is us - Carol and Kelly.  This was 7/7/17 when we bought the beautiful truck in the background.
I'm so grateful for the other bloggers who are sharing their experiences.  I've learned so much about full-time RVing before setting out on the road.  I just came across this list of 10 Things I Wish I'd Known before full-time RVing.  It confirmed many of my own beliefs.  We have been long time tent campers, and the love of camping is one thing that has shaped our desire to become full-time RVers.  I'm making a list of the 10 Reasons I want to Live the Full-time Dream.

  1. To spend more time in the great outdoors; to soak up the majesty of Nature!
  2. To explore and experience new places, new people, new things.
  3. To simplify; to live with less, to be able to enjoy life more.
  4. To connect: to put our attention on each other and savoring our time together.
  5. To disconnect: to break free of the ties that bind; the "work, mortgage, repeat" routine.
  6. To find the sun.  (AKA To get out of Dodge in the winter!)
  7. To be free to roam - stay as long as we want, look for new vistas when we are ready to roll.
  8. To grow - to face new challenges, to solve new problems, to learn skills.
  9. To be present - to slow down, to be in the present moment, to meditate, to be grateful.
  10. To have adventures and create wonderful memories together.
    Buying our beauty-ful Ram is step 1 in living the full-time dream.  Couldn't buy an RV until we had a truck to tow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment