On this episode of CBS Sunday Morning we heard about a funky town in New Mexico with a fun Christmas tradition. Their parade is led by a red-nosed Yak and includes some of the colorful residents of Madrid, NM. We loved the quote that Madrid is a drinking town with a tourist problem. Seems like a fun place to visit, and add to their tourist problem. Add Madrid to the list!
Saturday, November 11, 2017
We recently just heard about the Spielbound Board Game Cafe in Omaha, Nebraska. The owner used to host game night at his house and had amassed such a large collection of games, that he opened a cafe where anyone can come together to play games and enjoy great coffee, beer and pizza.
For us as avid game players, (and great coffee and beer lovers) this is a must see - must do. We too have hosted many, many game nights and have a large collection of games that won't be going on the road with us. This sounds like a great place to get our game night fix. You can check out what games are available in the Spielbound Library of over 2000+ games.
Friday, November 10, 2017
I've really come to appreciate how much there is to learn, but really how much can be learned from others who are sharing their wisdom, experiences, lessons learned and advice. I'm so grateful for the nomads who are out there taking the time to write books and blogs, create videos and vlogs, and all the other social media avenues to help a fellow travelers. Many, many thanks ya'll!
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Sunday, October 29, 2017
|This is us - Carol and Kelly. This was 7/7/17 when we bought the beautiful truck in the background.|
- To spend more time in the great outdoors; to soak up the majesty of Nature!
- To explore and experience new places, new people, new things.
- To simplify; to live with less, to be able to enjoy life more.
- To connect: to put our attention on each other and savoring our time together.
- To disconnect: to break free of the ties that bind; the "work, mortgage, repeat" routine.
- To find the sun. (AKA To get out of Dodge in the winter!)
- To be free to roam - stay as long as we want, look for new vistas when we are ready to roll.
- To grow - to face new challenges, to solve new problems, to learn skills.
- To be present - to slow down, to be in the present moment, to meditate, to be grateful.
- To have adventures and create wonderful memories together.
Buying our beauty-ful Ram is step 1 in living the full-time dream. Couldn't buy an RV until we had a truck to tow it.