Map of our travels

Friday, June 5, 2015

In the beginning

We are three years away from beginning our dream of camping full-time.  To date we have never RVed.  We are tent campers.  However, we aspire to live full-time RVing.  That may sound crazy, but I know others have done it, and I know it's what we both really want so, that's the plan.  I've been reading blogs of other full-timers and decided I wanted a way to collect the great ideas and tidbits of advice I'm gleaning from their blogs, so I am starting this blog in part to have one site to link to all the resources I find out there.  I also think that documenting our process and progress as we approach hitting the road full time will be very worthwhile.  And, I love blogging :-)

So far we've been all over the map on what size and style of RV we want.  We've gone from drooling over T@b campers, that no longer exist, to finding the also extinct T@da and thinking it was perfect, to being mesmerized by big travel trailers with bars and Lazy Boy recliners, to back to simple and minimal.  Our goal in becoming full-timers is to spend as much time as possible outdoors.  We are so afraid that if we have all the comforts of home, that we will fall into spending more time inside than out - defeating the purpose of this adventure.  So far, we have not found the ideal camper for us, so we continue the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment